About this position
In this role, you'd be mostly working on our backend in Haskell, developing core components, features and infrastructure. We're looking for people experienced in building large software projects in a functional programming paradigm. You write clean code using a modular approach. You care about things like good API design, know what REST is and how to use its principles (and when not to).
We're still a small team, so this is a great opportunity to have a big impact on the product and our culture. We're looking for people with a passion for their work with high standards. Ideal candidates have a demonstrated experience hacking stuff; code samples are best (GitHub, a personal website/blog, previous projects are all great).
Skills we expect
- Proven experience in Haskell or other functional programming languages.
- Being able to get things done and to ship code.
- Experience with large code bases and structuring code in a modular way.
- Affinity with the web, browsers and new web technologies.
- Familiarity with basic development tools: you know your way around git, bash, grep and sed. You're not afraid to write a shell script to automate some stuff.
Interested? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us why you think you fit this position. We care more about you telling us what you've worked on before – ideally with links to Github or previous projects you have worked on – than your resume.